The Register has published a new 16-page whitepaper on trust and security in cloud computing, with the key findings being
- Many companies could do much better when it comes to in-house security
- SaaS adoption is limited currently, but there is increasing interest from the business
- The biggest impediment to SaaS adoption is a perception of security issues
- Companies with experience of SaaS are positive about provider security
- SaaS is likely to help with shortcomings of on-premise security capabilities
The whitepaper was written from data gathered in an online survey with over 500 participants. Amongst the many tabulated responses to the survey there is an interesting list of the ways data can exit from corporate boundaries.